Index du Forum
S’enregistrerRechercherFAQMembresGroupesConnexion
current Sixers player who played with Iverson

Répondre au sujet     Index du Forum » Petites choses » Présentation Sujet précédent
Sujet suivant
current Sixers player who played with Iverson
Auteur Message
miaowang123

Message current Sixers player who played with Iverson Répondre en citant
ATLANTA -- There was no way Julio Teheran was leaving the game after Eric Campbells liner hit his right leg and bounced toward third base in the fourth inning. Teheran was determined to pitch through the pain, especially after the Braves gave him three runs in the first. Chris Johnson hit a three-run double, Teheran overcame the injury scare to pitch seven strong innings and Atlanta beat the New York Mets 3-1 Wednesday night to complete a three-game sweep. The Braves extended their season-best winning streak to seven games, but perhaps the best news was that Teheran wasnt hurt. Atlanta, which placed catcher Evan Gattis on the 15-day disabled list this week with a bulging disk in his back, couldnt afford another key injury as it battles Washington for the NL East lead. Teheran said his lower right leg was "burning" after he was struck by the liner. "I wanted to stay in the game so bad," Teheran said. With manager Fredi Gonzalez and assistant trainer Jim Lovell watching from behind the mound, Teheran tested the leg with a few throws to the plate and stayed in. Teheran (8-5) gave up four hits and three walks while lowering his ERA to 2.29. "He gave us a great outing," Gonzalez said. "The last two innings, it was a gut check. He got himself in trouble and made some great pitches." Jordan Walden pitched a perfect ninth for his third save as closer Craig Kimbrel received a night off. The Mets have lost four straight and seven of their last eight games and are a season-worst 11 games below .500. They hope to have David Wright is back in the lineup when they open a home series against Texas on Friday night. Wright remained in New York this week to receive treatment for his bruised left rotator cuff. "Obviously we miss Davids bat in the lineup, theres no doubt," Mets manager Terry Collins said. "We competed as good as we can compete." The Braves remain a half-game ahead of Washington. Atlantas winning streak includes a four-game sweep at Philadelphia and its first sweep of the Mets since September 2012 at New York. The seven-game streak is Atlantas longest since 14 straight from July 26-Aug. 7 last season. New York rookie Jacob deGrom (1-5) again battled his season-long control problems in a long first inning. The Braves, helped by two walks from deGrom, loaded the bases with no outs in the first. Atlanta was in danger of wasting the opportunity before Johnson lined the three-run double past Campbell at third base with two outs. After throwing 37 pitches in the first, deGrom didnt walk another batter or allow another run. He gave up three runs on six hits in five innings. "That first inning got me," deGrom said. "I think I was a little amped up, just trying to maybe overthrow it a little bit in the first. To recover from that was good. I wanted to at least get to five (innings)." Eric Young Jr. singled, stole second, advanced to third on a wild pitch and scored on Curtis Grandersons fly ball to left field in the fourth inning. Young reached on another single in the sixth before being picked off first base by Teheran. Teheran gave up a single to Juan Lagares and walked Granderson before striking out Campbell to end the sixth. Lagares had a one-out single off Anthony Vavaro in the eighth. Daniel Murphy hit a sharp grounder toward second base that Tommy La Stella caught while diving toward the bag. While on the ground, La Stella flipped the ball to Andrelton Simmons for the force out at second. La Stella started after leaving Tuesday nights game with a right foot that was bruised when he was hit by a pitch. NOTES: Gonzalez said the team will have a better estimate on a recovery period for Gattis when the success of Tuesdays epidural can be evaluated in about four days. Gonzalez said he has "not even entertained" the thought of Gattis playing left field when he returns to possibly take pressure off his back. ... The first-pitch temperature was 91 degrees, and Braves were allowed to report later than normal and take batting practice in the indoor cage "to let their bodies recharge a little bit." ... Both teams are off Thursday. The Mets open a home series against Texas on Friday night, and the Braves homestand continues with a weekend series against Arizona. Paco Alcacer Jersey . Walcott is available for Saturdays home match against Southampton as Arsenal looks to extend its two-point lead at the top of the Premier League. The Gunners are currently the second highest scorers in the league but Wenger insists Walcott will add something extra to his team. Luis Suarez Jersey . He just didnt expect them to be this good. Darrun Hilliard scored 19 points to lead No. 6 Villanova to a dominating 77-59 victory over Georgetown on Saturday, preserving the Wildcats hopes of a No. http://www.fcbarcelonapro.com/ . After losing Brett Cecil to groin tightness on Friday, the Blue Jays watched as R. Jordi Alba Jersey . - Chicago Bears running back Matt Forte sees the commitment to the handoff and cant help but come away impressed. Jasper Cillessen Jersey . - Carter Verhaeghe scored the winner with 41 seconds to go as the Niagara IceDogs edged the North Bay Battalion 3-2 to even their first-round series at a game apiece in Ontario Hockey League playoff action on Sunday. PHILADELPHIA -- Allen Iverson cupped his hand to his left ear and asked to hear his favourite tune one more time. With that command, 20,000 roaring Philadelphia 76ers fans gave AI the standing ovation he earned by stamping himself as one of the franchises all-time greats. Iverson, emotional as he thanked former teammates and friends, had his No. 3 retired at halftime of Saturdays game against Washington. High above the Wells Fargo Center court, Iversons banner slipped between Maurice Cheeks No. 10 and Charles Barkleys No. 34. "They all wanted me to talk about how much yall loved me," Iverson said, "but trust me, the feeling was mutual." Iverson officially retired in October after last playing in 2010. He won four scoring titles for the Sixers and was the 2001 MVP when he led them to the NBA Finals. He never won a championship, the lone omission in a career that is destined for the Hall of Fame. The Sixers may as well have turned the arena into an AI museum. Four banners greeted fans at the main concourse entrance, and photos of him were plastered all around the arena. The merchandise stands sold Iverson jerseys for $130, and lower level tickets were going for as much for $1,280 on Stubhub about an hour before the 7:30 p.m. tipoff. The fans loved him, and he blew them kisses after the No. 3 was raised to show how much he loved them back. "I am Philly," Iverson said. "Its always going to be that way." Iversons return injected a rare dose of excitement into a franchise playing some of the worst basketball in the league. The Sixers, in full-blown rebuilding mode, had lost 12 straight entering Saturdays game. The losing didnt matter much Saturday, just the memories. The Sixers wore special "Iverson Forever" patches on their jerseys and Iversons 3 on their pregame warmup shirts. "Its a great example of how this city responds to somebody that they clearly think the world of and brought such exciting times to the city of Philadelphia," Sixers coach Brett Brown said. The Sixers retirement gift was a boat named in honour of his nickname, "The Answer." "It feels good," Iverson said after the ceremony, "but some part of my heart hurts because I know its over." Iverson joined Cheeks, Barkley, Wilt Chamberlain and Julius Erving among the eight retired numbers in franchise history. Erving attended the ceremony.dddddddddddd Moses Malone, Dikembe Mutombo, Theo Ratliff, Gary Payton and former team president Pat Croce also were at the celebration. Former coach Larry Brown, who both clashed with and loved Iverson over their tenure, sent a videotaped message. "I just want to tell you, and I say this fondly: God put me there to coach you," Brown said. Iverson said Brown was the player who moulded him into one of the NBAs best. "I always had raw talent," he said. "I needed Larry Brown to polish it up." Iverson was the No. 1 overall pick in the 1996 draft and spent his first 10 seasons in Philadelphia. He also played for Denver, Detroit, and Memphis before returning to Philadelphia for a 25-game stint in 2009-10. Iverson, who mashed hip-hop culture and hoops like no player before him, was perhaps at his peak in his fifth NBA season. The 165-pound guard averaged 31.1 points, was the MVP of the All-Star game and propped an entire franchise on his 6-foot frame all the way to the finals. Led by Brown, the Sixers needed Game 7 wins in consecutive series for the right to play the Lakers. Shaquille ONeal, Kobe Bryant and the Lakers swept their way through the post-season before Game 1 in Los Angeles. Iverson had 48 points in 52 minutes of an overtime victory. The Sixers didnt have enough to go the distance and the Lakers won the next four games. Hes 21st on the NBAs career scoring list with 24,368 points over 914 career games. Iverson, drafted out of Georgetown, scored 30-plus points 345 times and was an 11-time All-Star. His No. 3 jersey was a bestseller around the globe, the headband wrapped snugly around his cornrows, and the tattoos were as much a part of his image as the way he ricochets around the court. Play every game like it was his last was more than a catchphrase, it was a lifestyle. "Who could not be an Allen Iverson fan?" said Thaddeus Young, the lone current Sixers player who played with Iverson. "It got no bigger than him in Philadelphia." NBA Commissioner Adam Silver was at the game for AIs night. "Allen was a special player," Silver said before the game. "The great things he did for the league far outweigh the occasional headache. I always thought even at the time of Allen Iversons prominence in the league, he was representative of his generation." Cheap Soccer Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Hockey Jerseys Nike NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike MLB Jerseys China Wholesale Baseball Jerseys China Wholesale College Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys Near Me Cheap Jerseys Online Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap NCAA Jerseys Authentic Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic MLB Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Throwback Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China ' ' '

Ven 19 Oct - 03:01 (2018) AIM
Publicité

Message Publicité
PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?

Ven 19 Oct - 03:01 (2018)
Répondre au sujet     Index du Forum » Petites choses » Présentation Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: 

Index | Panneau d’administration | forum gratuit | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation